“Error while creating new document. Error message: Error calling merge service. Error: Error Exception: Action not allowed \ tat MergeValuesService (RS Documents v3.04)19 (mergeValues)\n\tat RouterService (RS Documents v3.04):8 (doGet)\n”
–You may see this error message for one of the following reasons:
- If you have some hidden formatting in your google doc template and the merge cannot be completed. This can happen if you uploaded your word document directly into google doc rather than starting with a fresh google doc.
- If you upgraded your package version and there is a change in the user who authorized google drive which may be a different user than who is the “owner” of the google drive folder that documents are getting generated too.
How to resolve:
For #1: Create a new google doc and then copy/paste the detail from the other google doc that was causing error message. That way there will be no hidden formatting that would cause the merge service error message. You could even test with having a blank google doc first (just put title of document) and then generate document. If no errors, then you know it was some hidden formatting in the other doc that was causing error and you need to start with new google doc (do not copy the existing one that is causing error message).
For #2: Find out who is the owner of the google drive folder that the documents are getting generated too. If the owner is a prior consultant that assisted you in setting up process, you can do one of the following:
a) Have the owner of the same folder who originally authorized their own google drive to go back to RS Documents Configuration tab to re-authorize app and their google drive once again. This should resolve the error message if still using same process and templates as before.
b) Or if you do not want that other user to own the google docs folder or don’t have contact with them anymore, you can move the Template Documents to your own Google Drive by doing following steps:
1. Please duplicate all google docs being used as templates in document action(s) to your drive.
2. Once re-created, put the Google Document Ids of newly created templates to the field “Template Document ID” of related Document Actions.
3. Go to All Tabs (+) -> “RS Documents Configuration” -> Authorize the App with your google drive account.